I read a quote today that I liked: "If you want a good laugh, tell God your plans." The secret is figuring out God's plan for us. I'm stumbling and bumbling through life and I think I'm making progress, but how do you really know that what you're doing and how you're using your life is really what God wants/expects from you?
There are so many options when it comes to spending your time. I know that I chose the right job. I feel the Holy Ghost all the time at school. Not just during moments when kids need to be loved or look at me with such trust in their eyes... but even when I'm talking about the rock cycle or explaining a math concept. (Moistening eyes during a lesson on teaching doubles in addition? Really??) But the Holy Ghost testifies of truth, right? I'm sure I wouldn't feel this way if I had to tell kids that we came from apes!
I auditioned for a musical this week, too. I thought it would be fun to get back into it so I signed up. I completely forget how intense the whole process is and I was really humbled at call-backs today. You have to earn your stripes and with this new group, I am stripeless! I'm not sure if I have what they're looking for, and I'll know for sure on Monday. If I am cast I have to weigh that possibility with many others. Being in a show is a huge time commitment and I wonder if this is a selfish choice?
Everyone who reads my silly little blog has a life that I envy. You're all much better at this life thing than me and I hope someday to be like you. What's your secret?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Better at life than you? Not so fast young one! I have been reading up on faith so I can give a little thought to the YW in my ward, and Boyd K. Packer talks about how we need to take a step or two beyond the light, sometimes into darkness. God knows the master plan for us, and while we would love to take a glimpse at it, he just lets us use faith to take those leaps and then helps us along the way. So keep taking leaps, you are so great at it. If theater doesn't work out, do something different - it's not a life-long commitment. You are so awesome, and I love reading your thoughts. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteI could not have said it better Tera! I am in awe at how Rachael threads so many things into her life to make it rich and happy. I wish I could be Rachael when I grow up!
ReplyDeleteI am so lucky to have such an amazing family! You're both such strong examples to me in many ways. I guess I just want to make sure that I don't fill my life with things that get in the way of everlasting happiness. LOVE YOU BOTH!! :)
ReplyDelete