Depending on the standby flights, I'll be in town either Wed. or Thurs.!
Yet another reason to love Utah... Fall Break. This is the time of year when the hunters go hunting with their kids and everyone else goes to Disneyland. Since I have a few days off and a travel voucher from a scary flight from Peru (landing gear wouldn't come up and after and hour of flying we had to turn around, land, deplane and replane) I thought it would be fun to return to the motherland. It's going to be SO nice to just hang out with my mom. We're going to BAKE. :)
I'm also excited to see little Lulu even though I have no juicy news to report on my love-life. (Which she lives for.) Maybe I should make something up?
Today was a field trip day... we've been studying maps and orienteering and to make that more interesting for the kiddos I threw a pirate spin on it. (Which might be more for my benefit... LOVE pirates!) Towards the beginning of the year we "found" a pirate map on a nature walk. It was in Spanish, so we had to translate during Spanish class and learned that it was of Antelope Island. (An island in the Salt Lake.) We learned everything we could about maps so that we could use it to find the treasure. Well, today we went to Antelope Island and followed a series of clues written in pirate code. (For more info, you can see the site I made here: www.wix.com/aquaababy/SeaSerpent ) Anyhow, it was an amazing day! Even though I set the whole thing up, I felt like I was in the middle of Goonies :) As soon as I can figure out how to get the pics on to my laptop, I'll post some!
Also, while I'm in CA, I'm going to do a Diabetes Walk in Long Beach. If you're interested in sponsoring me, or joining yourself check out this link here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/StepOut/StepOut5520180106?px=4575783&pg=personal&fr_id=6464 I just felt like I needed to feel more empowered when it comes to living with diabetes... to not be as passive. So I'm going to walk/run it out and raise some funds for a cure at the same time! I'm going to need a cure pronto if healthcare is going the way it looks like it's going! AAA!
Wow, this is ramble-y. Hopefully I'll get to see some of my lovely extended family when I'm home, too! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yes, please arrange to see us! And, I really want to be in your class and have a fun teacher like you! Or, at least have one of my children in your class. You are so fun and creative!
ReplyDeleteI think you have to be one of the best teachers! We would all love to see you while your in town...give us a call.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I can persuade my mom to have a get together?? Or we can play during priesthood session?
ReplyDeleteDo I hear a girls night out on Saturday in the air? Maybe the barbeque place in Agoura that I keep hearing about????? Esther, Tera, Jaimee....are you in?
ReplyDelete