So, in the past week I've been hit on by several random men in random places. (The supermarket?) Sometimes it was flattering, sometimes it was beer-induced during a Jazz game... but the love for sassy, slightly chubby redheads has been in the air. The timing could not be better for a self-esteem pickmeup... Feb. is a sad, gray month in Utah and my personal life seems to be living under the same murky inversion at the moment.
It is nice to be noticed, isn't it? Who can resist a stranger telling you how cute you are? (This is easier than someone you know... unless you're unattached and they're interesting.) All that you need to do is smile back and say thank you. It's like a drive-by but instead of bullets and a low-rider you get "That dress was made for you" and a shopping cart.
Now I'd like to pose a question: Why do compliments from people we don't know well make more of an impression than those given by someone close to us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Rachael! I have an answer - it's because you feel like the ones who love you are saying it because they want to make you feel better. A stranger has no reason to better your self esteem than to give you an honest opinion. Speaking of men, I know a really great guy in Salt Lake, just got out of a bad relationship, very tall, 31 yrs. old, and a REDHEAD! He is from Simi and finishing up an MBA at BYU. We just reconnected on facebook - he is the son of my old boss and his dad would bring him into work and I would supervise him! He is a really great guy who is ready for a commitment. I asked him if I could set him up and he said he was up for it - so if you are too, I can work it out! Let me know! Miss you!
ReplyDelete